Easter Services and Activities
- March 25: Palm Sunday 10:30 a.m. service
- March 25: Soup lunch following service and egg stuffing for Easter Fun Day
- March 29: Maundy Thursday Communion Service 7 p.m.
- March 30: Good Friday potluck 6 p.m.
- March 30: Good Friday service 7 p.m.
- March 31: Easter Fun Day 10 a.m.
- April 1: Easter services at 8:30 a.m. and 10:30 a.m.
- April 1: Easter Brunch 9:15-10:15 a.m.
Current Sermon Series: Convictions
From Pastor Bill:
I recently heard a speaker comment that there is a tremendous need for convictions in our world today. I don’t know where he gets his research, but I happen to think that he’s actually on to something. In a world that is rapidly changing, we might wonder if there is anything that is constant.
We have beliefs, but they can fall short of a conviction. Beliefs might change, whereas a conviction is firmly held to. In a squeeze, our beliefs might be overlooked, while convictions become a constant guide in the pathway of our life.
Beginning February 11th, I will be speaking on the topic of convictions and what type of life you want to hold to? Are there items in your life that are easily overlooked, thus having a not so positive impact on your convictions?
Come join me as we take a look at the items we often overlook in our lives.
Verse of the Day
Regardless of a person's situations, there are a few needs in life that are universal.In today's society, we are inundated with items that will supposedly solve all our problems and make life easier. Advertisers lead us to believe that their unique product will meet the "needs" that they attempt to convince us we have. Despite their claims, we still face challenges and we come to realize that life isn't always "perfect."
need for meaning and hope
need for belonging and acceptance
need for usefulness
At Milwaukie Covenant Church, we direct people in meeting those needs.
- First, we believe that hope does not come in a bottle or a new toy, but in a book called the Bible. In it we learn that our hope is in Jesus Christ.
- Second, Jesus taught that all people, regardless of race and social status were accepted and welcomed in his house. That too is what we try to emulate at MCC.
- Finally, regardless of experience and background, all are useful in the sight of God and that He equips each person for service.
12201 SE Linwood Ave, Milwaukie, OR 97222, USA
MILWAUKIE COVENANT CHURCH
12201 SE Linwood Ave,
Milwaukie, OR 97222, USA