Join us for the following Easter activities and services:
- Palm Sunday: Service at 10:30. Following the service, join us for a soup lunch and then help stuff 4,000 plastic eggs in preparation for Easter Fun Day which is the following Saturday
- Maundy Thursday: Service at 7 p.m.
- Good Friday: Potluck at 6 p.m.; service at 7 p.m.
- Easter Fun Day Saturday, March 31: Following a program at 10 a.m. in the sanctuary, kids from 1 year through 5th grade may collect Easter eggs in the field
- Easter Sunday, April 1: Identical services at 8:30 a.m. and 10:30 a.m. with an Easter brunch served from 9:15-10:15 a.m.
Easter Funday candy collection
East Fun Day is coming and we’re hoping to collect enough candy to fill 4,000 eggs again this year! Please leave your donations in the box in the lobby over the coming weeks. Candy should be individually wrapped and small enough to fit inside a small (2″) plastic egg. If considering mini-sized candy bars, please choose bit-sized candy as fun-sized bars don’t fit well. Thank you for your help in enabling us to put on this fun community outreach event. Contact Kristi Smith for more information.
Immerse Bible Study: Beginnings
This spring most small groups will begin reading the Old Testament through the Immerse Bible. This is a similar format to the Community Bible Experience we did last fall when we read the New Testament.
Beginnings will take you on a new and unique 16-week journey through the first five books of the Bible, the Pentateuch. From Genesis through Deuteronomy, Books are provided at no cost to participants.
Groups will engage with the weekly readings using four questions: 1) What stood out to you this week? 2) Was there anything confusing or troubling? 3) Did anyting make you think differently about God? 4) How might this change the way you live?
To participate in this study, join a small group that meets during the week or attend the Sunday morning Adult Sunday School class that meets in the Fellowship Hall. The Sunday morning group will continue the study through July. If your small group breaks for the summer, you can continue the study.
To join a small group, get a copy of the small group flier in the Narthex and find a group that meets when you can meet. Contact the person listed about joining the group. Or simply attend the Sunday morning group.
If you have any questions, contact Bill Flechtner at firstname.lastname@example.org or 503-407-0505
Hughes Baby Shower March 24
You are invited to the Hughes’ baby shower. Amanda and Susan Hughes will be hosting a special baby shower for Nathanael and Angie Hughes’ TWINS at MCC on March 24 from 4-6 p.m. Bring a package of diapers to be entered into our diaper raffle. Amazon gift cards and cash is very much appreciated. Contact the church office for more information.
Men's Ministry upcoming events
Several men’s ministry events are scheduled. Mark your calendars for these:
- March 31: need 4-5 volunteers in the evening (all times to be determined) to set up tables and begin prep work for the meal.
- April 1: Easter Brunch – need 4-5 volunteers in the morning to cook and get things prepared.
- Need two volunteers to be the Men’s Ministries representative to Edging Forward ministry team headed by Sharon Peterson.
September 7-9: Men’s Retreat Fort Stevens Loop C. Reserve your campsite now or let Bob know if you want to go and have no place to stay. Once you reserve a spot let Bob Rice know where you will be so he can keep track of everyone.
Fill the PACE Food Pantry
It’s that time of year that we ask for your help in getting the food pantry stocked and ready for the students at PACE. Below is a list of recommended food donations:
- pasta, spaghetti noodles, pasta souce
- tuna and tuna helper
- canned soups, stew
- peanut butter, jelly
- canned veggies and canned fruit
- oatmeal, cold cereal
- boxed meals like hamburger helper, macaroni and cheese Rice-a-Roni, boxed potatoes, etc.
- popcorn, Ritz crackers, rice cakes saltine crackers, Wheat Thins,
- hot chocolate packets
No amount of food donation is too small.
You may drop off your food donations in the narthex
Thank you for your continued help.
Contact Cathy Murphy with questions at 503-975-2886
Covenant Women for Missions
Women for Missions meets the third Thursday of each month in Room 106.
We are doing many projects which involve collecting Campbell’s Soup labels, used eye glasses, Santiam and Flavor Pak labels, and most of all, used postage stamps. If you can help by saving any or all of these items, please bring them to church and leave them in the green collection boxes that are located over the coat rack in the Narthex.
We are also making lap robes for Nursing Home Ministries. Your donation of lap robes would be greatly appreciated as well.
We will be making gift bags that will be donated to the Nursing Home Ministries. Any small items you would like to donate such as socks (men’s and women’s), writing pads, pens, small soaps and small gift items would be greatly appreciated. Please contact Enid Briggs with questions.